Re: [TR] jumper cables? extra oil?

To: "Geo & Kathleen Hahn" <ahwahnee@cybertrails.com>, "list Triumph"
Subject: Re: [TR] jumper cables? extra oil?
From: "dorpaul" <dorpaul@bellsouth.net>
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2008 15:55:28 -0500
Yes, Thank you.
I think I'm hooking it up like I did several years ago, in fact, i've now
disconnected the wiring harness and am using 'bare-bones' wiring for my pos.
ground vehicle.  That is jumper cable neg. to the solenoid (mounted), jumper
cable pos. to the grounded engine.  Solenoid's smallwire (which is also
battery neg.) runs to the correct side of the coil(I intend to install a
toggle switch on this wire to cut engine on/off).  Opposite side of coil
correctly goes to the points.

Also, bad news, I found water in the oil.  Concluded it wasn't
antifreeze/water mix, but, rather water that had drained in tarp, getting
down the unprotected SU's.  I completed drained oil, installed 5W-30 an then
turned it over with the starter. Drained it again, installed 10-W/30.

And I hope to have it running in a couple of hours.  I'll run it for 30
minutes at 2000 rpm's to get the water out!  Wish me luck. Thanks,

Paul Dorsey, 60 TR3

http://www.vtr.org

Triumphs@autox.team.net