[TR] Intake manifold

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] Intake manifold
From: "acs25m@swbell.net" <acs25m@swbell.net>
Date: Sun, 9 Dec 2007 11:14:05 -0800 (PST)
Hi all,
  I have a problem that I hope someone out there can help me with. I own a
TR250 that I have had overheating problems with. After looking at everything
that I could think of I sent the motor to a machinist. He called a week or so
ago and told me the head was a goner. The DPO had someone mill the head
well!!!!over 100 thousandths and the webbing between several intake and exhaust
ports had been welded at some point in the past and there was a lot of
cracking. He said to get a different head as he couldn't gaurantee that
rewelding would stay fixed. I made a deal with a local club member (SLTOA) and
have a replacement head. My problem now becomes the fact that the earlier head
had closer spacing on the intake than the later heads. My Intake won't fit!!!
Does any one out there have a wider spaced intake that they would be willing to
sell. If so drop me a line off list at acs25m@swbell.net. My name is John
Maneke.
  Thank you for any help received.

http://www.vtr.org