Re: [TR] TR4 Distributors

To: "Triumph Sports car discussion" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] TR4 Distributors
From: "Paul Dorsey" <dorpaul@negia.net>
Date: Sat, 8 Dec 2007 22:04:50 -0500
Hi,
It's been a long time since you posted this:

Mechanically, there are differences between the DM2 and 25D4 units,  This
means that the Pertronix magnet sleeve that is correct (size/orientation)
for one is not right for the other.  Even then there was variability in
production tolerances.  The Pertronics for my 25D4 did NOT have a snug fit
on the shaft and wiggled probably 3 degrees in either direction.  Tech
Service told me how to improve that, but it was definitely a Rube Goldberg
fix.

But I was wondering, did you ever get a Pertronix (or other brand) to fit in
your 25D4 distributor?
I am thinking about it.

Thanks,
Paul Dorsey