[TR] TR3A Distributor

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] TR3A Distributor
From: terryrs@comcast.net
Date: Thu, 06 Sep 2007 23:44:26 +0000
My '59 TR3A has a DM-2 dizzy.  Uncle Dave at TRF gave me the bad news that no
Petronix models are made to fit it.  Unfortunately, neither do any of the
readily available points sets, probably because the previous owner swapped out
the original plate with something else.  I can squirrel points to fit, but am
sick of the aggravation.
...So, to replace the dizzy, is there a more common variety that takes points
and Petronix and is easily available?  I'd rather not spend $500 for a high end
Mallory.
As ever, am kneeling obsequiously begging for advice....  :o)
Terry Smith
New Hampshire