Re: [TR] TR6 Problem, TR4

To: FordneyNJ@aol.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] TR6 Problem, TR4
From: TR250Driver@aol.com
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2007 18:55:14 EDT
Guys,
Real happy to see Rodney found that a new condenser made his TR4A bark
again.  The TR6 is all good too!  Just took it out for a run of 21.2  miles.  I
got
in 8 gallons of Sunoco 94 and she is behaving herself very  nicely.  BTW, the
mm ruler works out a lot better for the float  adjustment.  Kind of takes the
guesswork out of it.  I suppose I  should change the fuel filter since it
appears that little rubber silvers are  getting by which caused the fuel shut
off
of the front Z/S.  I found a few  more of them in the bottoms of the float
bowls. I am still a little  bothered by these blown rotors.  I have for
instance
never had a condenser  go bad to my knowledge in 27 years of Triumph
motoring.  Same to be said  for coils.  I bet I have had a half dozen rotors go
south
on me during that  time.  What's up wit that?
Thanks a bunch,
Darrell