Re: [TR] TR6 problem

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] TR6 problem
From: FordneyNJ@aol.com
Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2007 20:43:01 EDT
Have a similar problem on my TR4A.  Friday night on the way to meet fellow
club members for fish and chips, the car sputtered to a stop. Sounded like it
was out of gas, gauge showed 1/4 tank.  Put another gallon in.  It would almost
catch, seem to cough on a cylinder or two.  Tried a spare cap, rotor and wires
and check points, no difference.  Flat bed home.  Now, I've changed coils,
checked ignition timing and gone through the carbs.  Compression checked at 175
to 180 lbs.  I'll pick up a new condenser tomorrow.  Any thoughts or ideas on
what else I should try?

Rodney Ford
TR4A 4A CTC 60538L
TR7 400612