[TR] 1296 spitfire question

To: Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] 1296 spitfire question
From: marty sukey <trmarty@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2007 17:53:56 -0400
Question for the Spitfire experts out there. I am working on a 1296 Spitfire
for a friend and the crank pulley  does not  have any timing marks like the
TR6's do. There  is a  disc mounted on the front that almost  looks like a
sprocket.  This combination is mounted forward of the timing pointer thingy on
the timing chain cover. This set up kind of looks er, different to me. Is this
normal on a 1296? Marty