Re: [TR] Re: spark

To: tr3driver@ca.rr.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] Re: spark
From: MGruber921@aol.com
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2007 12:56:10 EST
I agree with Randall about just swapping out parts. From my own experience,
when I say change the points, my normal troubleshooting starts with removing
the distributor cap, turn ign sw on, use a common screwdriver with 6" blade,
stick it between the points and wiggle back and forth. If there is spark from
the
sides of the points, I isolate the screw driver to touch only one side of the
points and see if spark does jump across. If not, clean or change points.
Kinda going to the heart of the problem first.

Marv

===     http://www.vtr.org