[TR] horn repair

To: Triumph Email List <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] horn repair
From: Bob Labuz <yellowtr@adelphia.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2007 18:50:49 -0500
Hello,

I just completed repairing 3 TR4 horns that came with my current TR4 project.

I dont know if this topic has been covered on the list but here is what I did.

Drilled out all the rivets and separated cases.

Now if the wiring (coils etc) were not fried, I emery clothed the contacts
until I had continuity between both terminals.

Then sand blasting both halves and the metal flap. Made 2 new gaskets for each
horn and re-sealed  assembly with screws, nuts and lock washers.

Out of 6 broken horns, I managed to be able to restore 3.

2 of the horns coils were fried, so they went in the trash. Couldnt figure out
what was wrong with the last.

Waiting for it to warm up a bit, then I will prime and paint with black engine
paint.

But now I have 2 horns for the car and a spare!

Since it is too cold to work in the garage, I am limited to what I can do in
the workshop.

Now, what to do next while waiting for spring to arrive??

Bob

===     http://www.vtr.org