Re: [TR] and speaking of the calendar

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] and speaking of the calendar
From: "Lou Metelko" <lmtr4a@ctlnet.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2007 10:41:51 -0500
Subject: [TR] and speaking of the calendar

> Hows about telling us whose pictures and whose cars they are?

Miss September is a 1954 TR2 Long Door with a Commission number of TS981L.
Car was bought as a virtual "basket case" in early spring of 2000.  I had
always been a fan of the side screen cars and had resisted the purchase of
others but the lure of a very early, numbers matching car complete with
original gauges, exterior panels and all items unique to the early side
screen cars was too much to resist.

The BMIHT certificate says the car was "born" on March 24, 1954 with the
current Ice Blue and Geranium paint scheme.  Paint was authenticated with a
small section of unfaded inside door panel on the passenger side.  A spray
out of the paint sample was mailed to Bill Piggott who replied with a note
saying "congratulations on finding the long lost colour of Ice Blue".

I farmed out the metal and paint work as well as the complete interior
(mistakes on either tend to be expensive!).  All six gauges were restored by
MO-MA in New Mexico.  Other than that all mechanical and wiring was done in
the  attached two car garage the TR2 calls home.

Since completion in the spring of 2003, the car has been driven a total of
over 18,000 miles.  If you ever see Lou's TR2 on a trailer, it is either
broke or stolen!

Lou Metelko
Auburn, Indiana

===     http://www.vtr.org