[TR] Boot (trunk) Seal

To: "triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] Boot (trunk) Seal
From: Kevin Thompson <kthompson@whoi.edu>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2007 17:06:32 -0500
  Hi folks,
     In test fitting my '59 TR3A with a new rubber boot seal, it appears
that it may need to be glued to the body channel to be kept in place.
Has anyone any advice on this one? I bought this from TRF about a year
ago, and am now getting close to painting the car and continuing the
resto. Also, the spare tire seal seems to be odd as well, and seems to
be way too big for the channel it sits in.....
   Are these things normally a cut-to-fit installation? They're a solid,
soft rubber that's an elongated diamond shape. I would have thought
there would be a slice along them to allow slipping over one edge of the
channel on the car body.
   TIA  for any help.
Kevin T
'59 TR3A