RE: [TR] Wind Wings

To: "'Joe Laurito'" <trglory@comcast.net>, "'Triumph List'"
Subject: RE: [TR] Wind Wings
From: "Jim Bauder" <jimbpps@cox.net>
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2007 07:12:20 -0700
Joe,

I had the same problem wanting the Amco style wind wings for my TR250. I
solved the problem as cheaply as I thought I could, by buying a set of the
TR3 Sun Visors from Moss I believe. They use the very same hinges as the
original, but use smoked Plexiglas. I had a plastics guy make the wind wings
for me from a template I had kept from a set of wind wings on one of my
earlier TR3s, so that the edges were polished as original. They look great!!
I have a construction advantage with  the TR250, in that the wind wings need
to be flat and don't want that curved section that the TR3 has. That made
them easier to build and they look right.

This is the only source of hinges I know of, and as I needed four hinges, In
my case, I didn't think I could find them from the list.

Good luck!

Jim
Jim Bauder
'68 TR250, CD47L