Re: [TR] Front wing repair panels TR4

To: richhalpern@verizon.net
Subject: Re: [TR] Front wing repair panels TR4
From: jar@aldermanroad.net
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2007 21:30:33 -0500
richhalpern@verizon.net wrote:

>All,
>
>I have just received a front wing repair "kit" for the TR4 from Rimmer Bros.
>with no clear instruction as to how to attach it to the wing. It seems to be
>lipped along the top for most of the width of the panel, so my guess is you
>trim and overlap the old wing to fit right onto the panel lip and then weld
>them together. Anyone done one of these?
>
>Thanks,
>Rich
>61 TR4 (with a broken wing)
>
>Your messages not reaching the list?
>Check out http://www.team.net/posting.html
>
>===  This list supported in part by The Vintage Triumph Register
>===     http://www.vtr.org
>
>===  Help keep Team.Net on the air:    http://www.team.net/donate.html

>===  Archives at http://www.team.net/archive
>===  http://www.team.net/the-local

The object is for you to carefully mark the old fender so that its cut
edge just overlaps the lipped edge of the repair panel.  You do not want
to weld them together, rather use the new body glue to connect, then
seal the inside edge, and fill the outside with body filler, and sand an
paint the outside.  Before the gluing, make sure you grind the surfaces
so that you have a clean surface for he gluing.  Aproperly glued seam is
much better than a welded one.

Cheers.

===     http://www.vtr.org