[TR] Lower wishbone and steering box

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] Lower wishbone and steering box
From: DLylis@aol.com
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2007 19:52:19 EST
A little while ago some one was replacing the front suspension bushes in
their 3A and had difficulty getting the forward drivers side lower wishbone
past
the steering box.  I gave it passing attention and should have paid more
attention because, guess what!  I cannot get mine past the steering  box.  I
recall the solution was to remove the three(?) bolts and raise the  box enough
get the wishbone past.  Is it as simple as the three hex  heads facing you as
you look into the wheel well.  Two of them appear to  secure the steering box
but one appears to bolt on a bracket. Is it  necessary to unbolt the steering
column bracket at the gaiter at the  bulkhead or is there enough flex in the
column to accommodate this  movement?
As well.  The inner lower wishbone bushes are nylon with steel  inserts.  The
kit has grease seals for these bushes but that makes no sense  since there is
not a grease fitting, at least on my car, nor do they seem to be  a proper
fit.
Thanks as always

David  Lylis
69 TR6 CC26160L