[TR] RE: Weather

To: "Triumphs Digest" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] RE: Weather
From: "Lanoway, Brian" <Brian_Lanoway@standardaero.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2007 14:01:33 -0600
It's really interesting to read everyone's posts about how they're still able
to drive their TR's - even if they have to bundle up.   Here in sunny
Winnipeg, it's minus 15 C and we're surrounded by about 2 feet of snow; with
high piles of the white stuff at every street corner after a recent storm.   I
can no longer imagine how we used to drive our TR's and MGB's in this climate
when they were new.  For those of you who think of Canada as the Great White
North, Winnipeg was the only Canadian city to have a white Christmas this
year.  Global warming is very real, except right here at the moment.

There is a hidden benefit to all this.  I do have my TR parked in a
well-equipped, heated garage and I do have six months of garage time to do
large improvement projects which I would never get to if my car was on road
all year.  This year for example, I have both my tranny and differential out,
I'm restoring a factory hardtop and I'll finish the to-do list off with a new
carpet set and many electrical fixes.  Last year, I rebuilt the front and rear
suspension and brakes.  The year before, it was the installation of a J-Type.
I only get 6 months of road time each year in my TR, but I do get the pleasure
of bringing out a much improved LBC each spring (wallet permitting).  I've
come to appreciate the wrench time on my TR as much as the driving time.

Brian Lanoway
1973 TR6
Winnipeg
Current temp = minus 17C, or minus 25C with the wind chill
Sunny (so much so that you can't drive without sun glasses)
Tonight's low = minus 18C
Tomorrow: minus 2C, but with a winter storm forecast

===     http://www.vtr.org