[TR] windscreen brackets

To: Triumphs List <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: [TR] windscreen brackets
From: Tony and Jeanne <whosgoofy@adelphia.net>
Date: Mon, 08 Jan 2007 13:36:13 -0500
List,
So I am still in the hunt for a right side windscreen stancion for the
TR3A, so in the interim I decided to install a pair of Brooklands
screens......now that has caused anthoer problem.... mounting brackets??????
The spare parts catalog shows part numbers for the competition screen
mounting, but of course no one has them!!!!!!!!!!
After talking with Dave at TRF, we have come to realize that even the
parts book is slightly in error as the mounting bolts are in fact two
different sizes. 5/16 X 24 for the outside holes ans 1/4 X 28 for the
two inside mounting holes.
Nevertheless, the repro Brooklands don't mount the same way anyway!!!!
Does anyone have a clear photo or diagram of the mounting plate that
they may have used, or even of an original mounting set of mounting
plates????
I think I can get something fabricated if I could see a photo or diagram.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I did try and contact the person that FT recommended but their phone
only does outgoing calls and no reply on the e-mail.
Tony Cascio
58TR3A
TS27093

===     http://www.vtr.org