RE: [TR] synth oil sound?

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [TR] synth oil sound?
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2006 21:14:39 -0800
> Final question - the guy at AutoZone said that once I started with
> synthetic oil I couldn't go back to fossil oil.  Don't know that I'd
> want to but I'm curious.  Is this true?  If so, why not?  If I found
> myself a quart down at an isolated gas station in the desert which
> carried only a fossil oil, would it hurt to put in one quart?

Jim, I have done exactly that with no ill effects observed.  The folks who make
synthetic oil say it is fully compatible ... heck they even sell blends of
synthetic and ordinary dinosaur juice ... so I've no idea why the guy at
AutoZone would say that.

Maybe he's confused about the difference between motor oil, antifreeze, and
brake fluid.

Randall

===     http://www.vtr.org