Re: [TR] TR3A door caps, etc, help needed

To: TR250Driver@aol.com, tr3driver@ca.rr.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] TR3A door caps, etc, help needed
From: zoboherald@aol.com
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2006 14:47:27 -0500
-----Original Message-----
From: TR250Driver@aol.com

  In a message dated 11/28/2006 1:10:18 PM Eastern Standard Time,
tr3driver@ca.rr.com writes:

> I believe the doglegs were leather only if the leather seat option was
> selected.  I've seen both kinds, apparently from the factory.

Randall,
Interesting!  I am having a Senior Moment on that question right now.
should know this but I am stumped.  Question would be:  What is
actually covered
in leather if the Leather Option was selected at the factory?  I need
this info
for the TR3B since I am planning on recovering the leather seats.
Another
problem is the 3B is at the paint shop and not home currently.  I can't
even say
what is leather now other than the seats.

==AM==
"Jonmac" is right, of course, about only the seat FACINGS being
leather. My increasingly "senior moment" memory, though, is that the
dash, door and dogleg cappings were leather (at least in cars with
leather-faced seats), and that the rear cappings and all other panels
were in vinyl ("Vynide") regardless. At least that's how I remember
TS71909L and TS73624L.

As for a 3B, though, you've raised another question at least in my
mind: how many 3Bs had optional leather? The relatively few unrestored
3Bs I've encountered (and thought enough to look at carefully) over the
years all seem to have had all-vinyl interiors, although I'd not be
surprised to learn that some would've had leather.

And then there's that rear seat option....but I'll only knowingly open
one can of worms at a time. ;-)

--Andy  Mace

*Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a jet?
*Man: Well, no ... It's not so  much of a jet, it's more your, er,
Triumph Herald engine with  wings.
 -- Cut-price Airlines Sketch, Monty Python's Flying Circus  (22)

Check out the North American Triumph Sports 6 (Vitesse 6) and Triumph
Herald Database at its new URL: <http://triumph-herald.us>
across the web, free AOL Mail and more.

===     http://www.vtr.org