[TR] Heloise tip #? Air filters

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] Heloise tip #? Air filters
From: "Eureka Saws Co, Inc." <ambritts@ptdprolog.net>
Date: Sat, 4 Nov 2006 12:55:16 -0500
Hello all,
Thought I would share an idea for preserving your nice new air filters. There
was a thread a while back about oiling the filters and everything that goes
with it. I have a nice new pair of "gray" Standard Triumph issued air filters
that I did not want to wreck with oil and cleaning and re-oiling until they
looked like, uhm. My solution if anyone cares is the following. I searched
high and low and finally found a foam filter at Lowes. It is part # 905-85. It
goes to a shop-vac wet/dry vac. Nicely glued into a circumference It will
provide 5 filters when cut 1-1/4" wide. If you are as anal as me, then cut
them on a paper cutter. Very neat. Anyway, they fit (slide right on) perfectly
over the vents of a standard air filter. You can oil the foam filter and
accomplish about the same, or slip another over the first one and oil the
second. This will eliminate the need to oil your new filter and provide nice
filtering. Also, if you go to a show and open your bonnet, just pop them off
and you have nice shiny filters. Cost about $4.50 for 5 filter sleeves after
cutting to size. I use clear mineral oil. Any questions fire away.
Alex Manzo
TR3A TS58404 with nice clean filters and almost on the road.

===     http://www.vtr.org