Re: [TR] Prestige Autowood

To: Bob Danielson <75TR6@tr6.danielsonfamily.org>
Subject: Re: [TR] Prestige Autowood
From: jar@aldermanroad.net
Date: Thu, 02 Nov 2006 21:53:28 -0500
I just finished ordering a new dash for my TR-6 from Randy.  He was in
the process of laying out a new set of dashes, so he gladly discussed
the type of wood he would supply.  He was very proud of the selection of
new woods that he had just aquired from an excellent source, including a
fine walnut, which was my choice.  I suggested that I had a superior
source of mahogony and that I could send him the board  and have him
make the dash. He said the actually his experience was that mahagony was
not suitable for dashes, especially long, single pieces with all the
cuttings.   He truely does love what he does, and I'm quite sure that if
he has the pattern, he could make what is needed.

And yes, he does love to talk!

===     http://www.vtr.org