RE: [TR] Thrust washers

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [TR] Thrust washers
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2006 18:28:04 -0800
> Here's the results from nine sets of readings: 12,6,7,8,12,14,12,12,9.
> Not very consistent but all within the Haynes "Crankshaft endfloat"
> spec of 6 to 14 thou.
> Is this good enough or do I need to replace thrust washers?

Adrian :

The .006"-.014" is undoubtedly 'new' clearance.  At any rate, you shouldn't have
any trouble at all until the clearance is huge, like 1/8" (.125").

Unfortunately, I don't know what else to suggest.  Might be the take-up springs
in the clutch plate, or possibly loose flywheel bolts, but that's just a guess.

Randall

===     http://www.vtr.org