[TR] Starter question

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] Starter question
From: "jim hearn" <jimhearn1@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2006 22:15:56 -0800
If the starter on my '74 TR6 grinds every now and then, what is actually
happening?  Is it likely that the ring gear is already damaged?  I have
another used starter; should I put that on and see if it is any better or do
these starters have an inherent weakness such as the starter drive that I
should replace with new?  Any help is appreciated, Jim

name of winmail.dat]

===     http://www.vtr.org