Re: [TR] Front aprom finisher

To: "jim hearn" <jimhearn1@comcast.net>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] Front aprom finisher
From: stantr6@comcast.net
Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2006 16:31:37 +0000
Jim, Team,
In my experience, the replacement part was at an incorrect angle.
The attached photo shows the grille, the new trim piece, and a tracing from the
original trim piece
I had the cut/weld my new one to match the angle of old, rusted unit.
Then, it fit just fine.
Stan

From: "jim hearn" <jimhearn1@comcast.net>

> Has anyone installed one of these pieces, that goes under the grill, lately
> so they can tell me why it is such a struggle on my '74 TR6? At this point,
> I have given up believing that the manufacturer of the part has gotten the
> wrong angle on the piece. Does it take all kinds of ingenuity to get these
> on or is it possible that my part is the wrong angle. Thanks for any help,
> Jim

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/bmp which had a name of
scan1.bmp]

===     http://www.vtr.org