[TR] Engine knock

To: 6-Pack <6pack@autox.team.net>,
Subject: [TR] Engine knock
From: John Mitchell <jmitch@snet.net>
Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2006 18:37:58 -0400
   I finally had the time to pull down the oil pan today. It was
definitely a stuck float valve in the carb that cause the fuel in the
oil, which makes me crazy, as Ive changed them both twice in the last
year.  Nothing remarkable in the oil pan except a small amount of non
ferrous grit. I pulled a rod cap and the bearing has small ridges along
its length. As Ive never seen a bearing before, I'm assuming it's
supposed to be completely smooth.  I measured the clearance on that one
rod at .002". There is slight scuffing along the 2 edges of the
bearing.  I'm guess I need to start pulling the engine out.  There goes
all the other projects I had lined up for winter.  Very discouraging.
John Mitchell  76 TR6

===     http://www.vtr.org