Re: [TR] A question about dash guages (74 TR6)

To: jimhearn1@comcast.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] A question about dash guages (74 TR6)
From: Dave1massey@cs.com
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2006 08:51:56 EDT
In a message dated 10/15/2006 11:47:10 PM Central Standard Time,
jimhearn1@comcast.net writes:
> What happens when the wires are reversed on a guage such as the gas or
> temp guage?  Is any harm done to the guage or do they just need to be
> correct for the guage to operate?  Thanks, Jim

Nah.  They are just hot wire gauges.  They don't car about polarity.

Or are you talking about putting the fuel gauge wire on the temp gauge?  If
so you will end life as we now know it.  (Just kidding) Seriously, other than
getting confusing readings, no harm done.  Just swap the wires round where they
belong and get on with your life.

Dave

===     http://www.vtr.org