DeSmogged 1970

To: list <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: DeSmogged 1970
From: "Paul Dorsey" <dorpaul@negia.net>
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2006 23:08:58 -0400
Eh oh! I do have the hex nut and written on the head of the oil filter (as seen
from underneath the car) is Tecalemit printed in the casting.  According to
Roger Williams (many thanks Alex) that means fine threads!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
However, my long bolt has coarse threads and thus I've simply got the wrong
long bolt.
        BUT, THAT'S NOT THE END OF THIS MYSTERY... Prior to Paul reading this
he tapped out the head so it would better fit his bolt.  No wonder I found the
tapping difficult... the head was originally 22tpi and I tapped it to become
16tpi.
        I wonder if the old Purolator Long Bolt (mistakenly used on my car by
the DPO) will work now that I have reemed out my head to take course threading.
(It should have stayed 22tpi instead of me taping it for 16tpi!!)

THE FUN NEVER CEASES WITH THESE OLD CARS!!!

tHANKS, REGRETFULLY, THANKS REALLY'
pAUL

P.S.- IS THIS A CASE FOR ME TO GET EMAIL CAPABILITY ON MY CELL PHONE?  i
shudder at the thought!

===     http://www.vtr.org