RE: [TR] One more Triumph back from the dead

To: "'Ian'" <Lbc.Resto@comcast.net>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [TR] One more Triumph back from the dead
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2006 16:10:27 -0700
> Now to the point. What are the recommendations for cylinder
> head re-torquing
> and when?  I have a copper head gasket from Moss.

I pretty much follow the book, which ISTR recommends one retorque after 500
miles.  Back off each nut in turn, and then torque it down to the given
value (100-105 ftlb ?).

It's important to keep the nut moving until the final torque is reached ...
if you stop within 10 or 20 ftlb of the final value, then you should back
off and try again.

Randall

===     http://www.vtr.org