Re: [TR] tr6 towing

To: kajohns64@yahoo.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] tr6 towing
From: Dave1massey@cs.com
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2006 16:12:38 EDT
In a message dated 10/3/2006 1:25:33 PM Central Standard Time,
kajohns64@yahoo.com writes:
> just wanted to know if there are any concerns/
> problems with towing a tr6 with a 2 wheeled tow dolly

Depends on how far.  If you are going more than a couple of miles I recommend
disconnecting the drive shaft from the differential.  Otherwise the
transmission main shaft will be turning but there will be no lubrication (which
is
provided by the lay gear cluster which only turns when the engine turns).

Dave

===     http://www.vtr.org