[TR] steering coupler placement

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] steering coupler placement
From: "Paul Dorsey" <dorpaul@negia.net>
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2006 15:51:40 -0400
3 steps forward, 2 backwards.  The steering wheel is still not 2 <
lock-to-lock.  My TR3 has the split column.  With the coupler in place
(above fuel pump), it wants to rub up against the tube which goes upwards
towards the steering wheel.  Ive thought that it must not be correctly
seated on the lower shaft.  However, beating (or solid taps) to the
coupler does not help seat it (more than it already is).  Any suggestions?
Perhaps I should just let it be, it only barely touches the tube?

Thanks,

Paul Dorsey

60 TR3A