[TR] rear end clunk

To: "6pack" <6pack@autox.team.net>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] rear end clunk
From: "Alan Salvatore" <6parts@charter.net>
Date: Sat, 1 Jul 2006 01:56:44 -0400
After a long chase, I think I have finally solved my clunk in  the rear.
After doing the many fixes over the years, including reenforcing the
differential mounts;  it was during the replacement of the trailing arm
bushings that I noticed that the hole in the trailing arm that the link
assembly goes through had become elongated; obviously from the link asembly
being loose and banging around even though the bushings were in place.  I had
picked up a replacement trailing arm, that I was going to swap out because one
of the studs had pulled out and that had  the link assembly was still in place
and after removing it ; it has a much more enlarged hole.  Ended up using the
original trailing arm and had a new stub put in.
Anyway I tighten the link assembly as tight as it could go and so far no more
clunk.
 I will  be getting some poly bushings for the assembly the next time I place
an order.

Al Salvatore
Al Salvatore

===     http://www.vtr.org