Re: [TR] Unidentified LBC

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] Unidentified LBC
From: Michael Hargreave Mawson <OC@46thfoot.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2006 16:52:09 +0100
On Thu, 29 Jun 2006, at around 10:50:58 local time, John Macartney
<standardtriumph@btinternet.com> wrote:
>Mike
>
>I wouldn't disagree with inputs about Healey Abbott - but ISTR that
>'flattened down' radiator shell appearing on the Lea Francis in the
>mid-fifties. Any thoughts?

Dear John,

I should have known that where others were coming up with models I'd
never heard of, you'd manage to come up with a manufacturer I'd never
heard of! <g>

After a bit of trolling around the WWW, I see what you mean.   The Lea
Francis Westland 2.5 litre Tourer radiator grille is not a million miles
away from the one in my picture.   Have a look at:

http://www.lfoc.org/LFOC_0675_Vehicles_Page_2.5_Litre_Westland_Tourer.htm

(If the line above fails to wrap and causes problems, try going to:

http://www.lfoc.org/LFOC_0600_LEA-FRANCIS_CARS_POST37_MAINPAGE.htm

and then clicking on the Westland image.)

That being said, I think we do now have an incontrovertible
identification of the car in my painting as a Healey Sportsmobile - not
least because the Healey club has confirmed the registration number as
belonging to a Sportsmobile.

ATB
--
Mike
Ellie  - 1963 White Triumph Herald 1200 Convertible GA125624 CV

===     http://www.vtr.org