[TR] Trunk seal/door seal

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] Trunk seal/door seal
From: "Arakelian, Peter" <arakelianp@mossmotors.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2006 14:36:27 -0700
Ok, folks, now we are on TR3 seals.

< Moss Spare Trunk gasket for the TR3A. What a mess. I have a complete
set of rubber trim and gaskets from Moss. Doors, windows, trunk, etc. I
hope the rest work. I can imagine trying to send them back with any
luck..>

First, did you contact anyone at Moss R&D yet?  What's wrong with the
trunk seal?  Did you get it from Moss direct? Or from a Moss
distributor? We have developed it to original profile from factory
drawings, and made it from a very soft compound.  Test fit on our TR3
for crush - so much better than what was previously available.  Moss
return policy is the most generous - send them back.

<Along these lines, the lower door seals for the TR3 that Moss offers,
649-020, don't seem to crush at all when in use>

Again, did you contact R&D at Moss?

As has been said, we cannot fix problems we don't know about.  I am but
one person who helps when he can.  It is the function of our R&D guys to
fix these problems, if they know about them.  You can go to the web
site, click contact us and get phone numbers for tech or send an e-mail
from there.  They will respond.

I know I am running long, and I hope this has been taken in the spirit I
have intended.  To help, not hurt.  We need feedback; we have no product
reports on either item.

If you feel the need, my flame suit is on!  But I don't deserve it.

Peter Arakelian
Purchasing Agent
Moss Motors, Ltd.
(805) 679-7214