[TR] re:Looking for a wing man

To: richhalpern@comcast.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] re:Looking for a wing man
From: CarlSereda@aol.com
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2006 13:53:10 EDT
Rich,
For those last two TR4 upper rear fender bolts I used a 3/8" drive with
extension and socket not fully stuck on (to pivot slightly) and maybe some time
with an open-end wrench. The skinny socket extension barely got me past the
body
folds that are in the way.
Not looking forward to replacing those bolts after the paint job !
Good luck,
Carl
'63 TR4 since '74
---
I am in the process of removing one of the rear wings on my TR4, and have not
really found the right wrench or socket to get to the two upper, most
rearward bolts, one being above the tail light. I have tried a 1/4" socket on a
universal, but it is really hard to get any bite in the bolt. Any suggestions
from
those already indoctrinated?

Thanks,
Rich