[TR] Gas tank cap assembly

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] Gas tank cap assembly
From: "Terry Smith" <terryrs@adelphia.net>
Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2006 13:39:46 -0400
Hello, everyone.  Today's the day I'm asking a ton of questions.

I had intalled the gas tank, but not the rubber hose, clamps, and screw on
assembly, upon which all the chrome cap sits atop.

Is only the chrome cap assembly above the body of the car, or is the metal
extension also fitted from above?  If it's supposed to go underneath the body
shell, how the heck does anyone manage to get it installed?  I've completely
disassembled the fuel tank, tried installing it everywhichway.  Can't be done!
...well, until one does it and finds out that everyone else has been doing it
since australeopithecenes ruled.

Terry Smith, '59 Tr3A
New Hampshire

===     http://www.vtr.org