[TR] Retrofitting a dual circuit brake master cylinder to a TR4A

To: "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] Retrofitting a dual circuit brake master cylinder to a TR4A
From: "Dave Connitt" <dconnitt@fuse.net>
Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2006 11:10:27 -0400
List,
I ran across this racing TR4A on Ebay yesturday which seems to have been
fitted with a  TR6 brake master cylinder. It appears to not have a brake
booster installed. I contacted the seller to find out how he did it but have
not received a reponse yet.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Triumph-TR4-IRS-1965-Triumph-TR4A-IRS-RACE-CAR_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ6469QQihZ011QQitemZ320000549463QQrdZ1

Seems like a nice way to increase the safety of the brake system in a semi
stock manner.  Has anyone out there done this upgrade? I would be interested
in what was involved. Since the TR-250 body style is very similar to my
TR4A, I wonder if a 250 brake and clutch pedal/master cylinder setup would
bolt up if I drilled holes for it in my 4A??
I am going to have to buy rebuilt master cylinders for both the clutch and
brakes anyway. If I installed a 250 master cylinder setup, I could also
install one of those brake circuit switches to monitor the two systems.
Hmmmm..
Dave Connitt
'67 TR4A
http://home.fuse.net/davestr4a