[TR] re: TR4 carb questions

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] re: TR4 carb questions
From: CarlSereda@aol.com
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2006 15:45:32 EDT
Donald,
Joe Curto, Inc. (New York) www.joecurto.com  'dipped' my suspiciously
cracking Stromberg floats in fuel-proof doping for $10.00 the pair. These
floats are
expanded foam and were cracking like they didn't like modern gas. He may also
have other float fixes to offer.
>From California I sent my stripped carb bodies (2 SUs from Volvo 122S and 2
Strombergs from TR4) to New York for re-shafting. He did 4 carburettor shafts
plus the float dipping, and replated linkage, plus shipping came to about $125.
I got it all back in about a week.
Good luck,
Carl
'63 TR4 since '74

I have a few qeustions concerning a carburetor set-up on my TR4. It
originally came with Zenith-Stromberg 175 CD carbs. The rear carb started
leaking gas
rather profusely, and on taking it apart, the rear float had a hole in it. On
checking the suppliers, this part is no longer available.
  Questions:
  1. Does anyone know of a supplier for floats to fit the earlier ZS 175 CD
carbs?
  2. Would the floats for the later ZS carbs from the TR250/TR6 fit these
units from a TR4?
  3. Moss et. al. have a nice price on a new set of SU HS6 carbs as used in
the TR4a. I understand that the 4a's had a central throttle hookup. Has anyone
used HS6's on an earlier car with the throttle hookup on the front of the carb
set? And how complicated is that to do?

===     http://www.vtr.org