[TR] 58 TR3A CHOKE [Hard To Pull]

To: "Triumph TR3A" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] 58 TR3A CHOKE [Hard To Pull]
From: "Francis P. Gowash" <fpgowash@cox.net>
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2006 11:31:57 -0400
Hi All,

The choke on my TR3A is extreamly diffficult to pull out far enough to set
it at full. For me, setting the choke is necessary for starting after the
car has sit for a couple of days or more. Immagine the cartoon where I have
both feet on the dash and both hands trying to get a decent enough grip to
pull the darn thing out far enough to do any good...> 3+ inches. The choke
end does not seem to be a problem

Before I dismantle the whole thing has anyone had any experience like this.?
What is causing cable pull to be so difficult?

Thanks
Fran
1958 TR3A TS32465L
Somers, CT