RE: [TR] Apple Hydraulics question

To: "Bob Rochlin" <r_rochlin@hotmail.com>,
Subject: RE: [TR] Apple Hydraulics question
From: "Peter Ryner" <pryner@verizon.net>
Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2006 17:29:04 -0400
Bob,
What is failing?  What type of fluid are you using?  I would suspect an
issue with the seals not mixing with the fluid vice an improper overhaul.
I've heard nothing but praise for their mechanical services.  However, the
seals will dereriate very fast with the wrong fluid no matter who rebuilds
the unit.  You should be using the new silicon fluid or the old standby
castorl which I prefer.  If the car is sitting in a humid location, it is
easy to get water vapor in the fluid which will also cause problems.
Pete