[TR] Moss Blanking Plate - Does it Fit?

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] Moss Blanking Plate - Does it Fit?
From: "Bob Danielson" <75TR6@tr6.danielsonfamily.org>
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2006 15:09:48 -0400
When I ordered the fuel pump gaskets from Moss I also included a blanking
plate, Part # 460-095. I sent one gasket off to Frank Fisher to use it as a
template to make his blanking plates which will take a couple of weeks. I
figured I'd use the Moss plate in the interim so I could move ahead with the
electric fuel pump installation and then replace it with Frank's plate.
Well, the Moss plate isn't the correct shape but I'm not sure how critical
it is. Basically it fits the bottom 7/8 of the gasket just fine but the top
shape is too short and about a 1/16th of an inch below the inside edge of
the very top part of the gasket shows. Not knowing exactly what the plate
does besides cover the hole in the block, I assume that the fit still needs
to be nice and tight. Is my assumption correct?

Thanks

Bob Danielson
1975 TR6
http://tr6.danielsonfamily.org