Re: [TR] tr3 accel. linkage removal

To: L1J1S@aol.com
Subject: Re: [TR] tr3 accel. linkage removal
From: Bob Labuz <yellowtr@adelphia.net>
Date: Sun, 4 Jun 2006 14:50:22 -0400
On Sunday 04 June 2006 02:09 pm, L1J1S@aol.com wrote:
> hello, i need to remove my accelerator linkage. with the engine in place.
> can anyone advise me to the best method to go about this? also, from which
> end to i remove the linkage from? larry schwartz 1960 tr3-a  1973 mini
> cooper 1978 mini pickup
>
> Your messages not reaching the list?
> Check out http://www.team.net/posting.html

Larry,

There was a thread about this last week. You have to remove the linkage
through the drivers side. Remove both shaft pins, all screws etc. Pull the
petal portion through and into the drivers compartment, the rest should just
come off easy. Dont worry if you loose or damage the pins. TRF has them
available for about a buck. This will be a job however since you wont have
too much space to move around. I would remove the battery first just to have
some extra wiggle room.

Bob

===     http://www.vtr.org