RE: [TR] advice on installing a front swaybar on TR4A

To: "Anthony Rhodes" <spamiam@comcast.net>,
Subject: RE: [TR] advice on installing a front swaybar on TR4A
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 3 Jun 2006 09:20:12 -0700
> I want to improve the handling on my TR4A.  No swaybar is available here in
> the US specifically for this model.

Huh ?  What's wrong with the one from Addco ?
http://www.addco.net/Toyota-Yugo_AntiSwaybars.htm#Triumph

Although JC Whitney's website doesn't show the TR4A, I'll bet you can still buy
any Addco bar through JCW.  I think they consider TR4A as a sub-class of TR4.

> So, I thought about fabricating some "extensions" to attach to the shield so
> that the sway bar can be mounted in the proper relationship to the A-arm.  It
> appears that it would need to hold the center of the sway bar about 2" forward
> of the shield, and the total forward length of the extension would be about
> 3".
>
> Has anyone come up with a better arrangement to adapt a TR6 bar to the 4A.

Talk to Richard Goode.  I am reasonably sure he would be willing to take back
the TR6 bar, and make one to your specifications for the TR4A.  For a price of
course, but probably pretty reasonable.  I've forgotten now how much he wanted
to bend a custom bar for my TR3A, but it wasn't much at all.

Randall

===     http://www.vtr.org