Re: [TR] RE: tr2 engine problems

To: TR <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] RE: tr2 engine problems
From: Geo & Kathleen Hahn <ahwahnee@cybertrails.com>
Date: Thu, 01 Jun 2006 16:53:53 -0700
tr1414@aol.com wrote:

>the car boils over after it is shut down and pours out maybe a quart of liquid
>if i drive it around of 10 to 15 mins.

Sorry to ask something so basic... but how full are you filling the
radiator?  In my experience that header tank should be almost empty when
cold (maybe just a bit of coolant in the bottom).  More than that and it
will barf it out as soon as it warms up.

Another thought:  Have you confirmed that the thermostat is opening
(felt the upper & lower radiator hoses)?

Geo H