Re: [TR] 236 mile brand new TR6?

To: Joe Merone <jmerone@rocketmail.com>
Subject: Re: [TR] 236 mile brand new TR6?
From: Bob Labuz <yellowtr@adelphia.net>
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2006 17:31:40 -0400
On Thursday 01 June 2006 10:25 am, Joe Merone wrote:
> Has anyone see this listing on EBAY for the supposedly brand new 1976 TR6?
>
> http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1976-Triumph-TR6_W0QQitemZ4643269321QQcatego
>ryZ80757QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
>
> Look legit?  Do these "stored away all these years" stories still exist out
> there?
>
> Joe Merone
> CF18928U

Joe,

There was one listed this time last year from the north west, Washington I
believe. It did look original. This one does seem original. Current bid is
25k. Wonder what the reserve is??

So I guess the answer is yes, they do exist.

A number of years back I ran in to a retired professor who was driving a very
nice 1960 3A. I asked him if it was original. He said yes. When he decided to
by a 3 he got 2 and stored 1 in a barn and used the other as a daily driver.
After he retired, he started driving the new (old) 3 and gave his current
driver to his son.

Why didnt my dad to that??

Bob

===     http://www.vtr.org