RE: [TR] Re: 236 mile brand new TR6?

To: <shotimes@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [TR] Re: 236 mile brand new TR6?
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2006 09:19:23 -0700
> Are they worth upwards of $25k? Time will tell. Probably. In fact,
> thinking about it, $25k wouldn't get you half of a really awesome
> restoration and this one is _original_. It does need some tidying up (look
> at the air pump in the engine bay pic), but it does appear to be all
> there.

All true enough.  But there is one critical difference to my mind, this car
cannot be driven without destroying it's value.  Lots of things deteriorate with
time even when a car isn't driven ... this isn't a 'new' car, it's a 30 year old
car with no miles on it.  Those 30 year old redlines are sure pretty (no doubt
under a coat of tire black), but no way are they safe to drive.  See that green
corrosion on the radiator ?  What do you suppose the inside looks like after 30
years of being stored 'wet' ?

"As is" translates to "caveat emptor".

Randall

===     http://www.vtr.org