RE: [TR] TR4A slave cylinder (long)

To: "Jeremy Kinney" <kinneyjr@msn.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [TR] TR4A slave cylinder (long)
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 19 May 2006 14:16:23 -0700
> Here goes another interesting challenge.  The slave cylinder (Girling
> #64068867) on my car has a 7/16 fitting for the hose going between the
> slave and the clutch master cylinder.  I ordered a replacement slave
> cylinder with the same part number, but it had a 3/8 fitting,
> which is the
> same as the bleeder.
>
> The parts book and manual, if I am reading them correctly, say that the
> fitting should be 7/16", but the vendors (TRF and BPNW) say that
> it should
> be 3/8" and they back that up with what they have in stock.
>
> Could anyone explain the discrepancy?

I can't explain it, but I also believe 3/8" is correct.  I know the standard
TR4 slave has the same threads on hose & bleed, and my Lucas/Girling
catalogs say the TR4A and TR4 had the same slave cylinder assy (although
they give 3010320W, which is probably the assembly rather than just the
cylinder).

Makes me wonder if perhaps some DPO has tapped your slave cylinder out
oversize.

What do you see in the manuals to indicate that it is 7/16" ?

Randall

===     http://www.vtr.org