Re: [TR] Anyone know how to contact Charles Runion directly?

To: "fred thomas" <frede.thomas2@verizon.net>,
Subject: Re: [TR] Anyone know how to contact Charles Runion directly?
From: "J.C. Hassall" <jhassall@blacksburg.net>
Date: Wed, 10 May 2006 22:46:11 -0400
At 09:36 PM 5/9/2006, fred thomas wrote:
>Within 5 minutes of J.C.'s first post about 6:00 p/m I called Dave H. and
>he imformed me John was already at Charles's home to return Jim call, in
>plain words what I'm trying to say it's been handled on TRF's end, anytime
>anyone has a issue with TRF, call either John or Dave and trust me it'll
>be handled at once, those two do not like complaints.  "FT"

I have no intention of starting another "bash TRF" session, but why did it
take 4 months, over a dozen calls to customer service (where I talked to
Dave, Chuck and Dan and received different stories each time I talked to
them), 4 requests for Charles to call me and the query to the list before
Charles returned my call?  Was it a coincidence that he returned my call
very soon after the post?  But frankly, I have a very serious problem with
a company releasing info on my transactions to anyone other than me!  Fred,
you said those two don't like complaints, but I think their employees need
to be embued with the same aversion to complaints.  They're the "first line
of defense", and the company's face to the customer.

To Charles' credit, he was concerned that perhaps one of their vendors was
shipping substandard merchandise, which he said he'd investigate.

Sadly, there were others who responded privately that they'd had problems
as well which in one case, took two years to resolve.  Yes, others have had
good success with TRF - until now that includes me, as I've spent upwards
of $4-5K with them.  That's good, as our hobby needs all the good vendors
we can get.

The good news is that Charles said my card has been credited for the two
purchases.  I did have to eat $12.50 return shipping (I was told I'd be
reimbursed, which I mentioned to Charles), but consider that a life lesson.

Moral to the story: support the vendors who treat us well and keep good
records with any issues you have with any vendor.  And don't under estimate
the power of this list.

Jim
--
Jim Hassall