RE: [TR] TR6 A-Type OD in TR3?

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [TR] TR6 A-Type OD in TR3?
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2006 20:36:15 -0800
> So if I use different fasteners between the transmission bell housing and
> the engine, the front connection should be OK.

Right.

>  How much different is the
> mounting between the TR6 A-type overdrive and the TR3 frame?

I'm not sure of the measurements offhand, but ISTR I drilled two holes about
5/16" in diameter and about 5/8" farther back than the existing holes.  Maybe
someone else can chime in here ?

>  Is there any
> difference between the output flange of the TR6 a-type OD and the mating end
> of the TR3 drive shaft?

It looks different, but bolts up with the same bolts.  The TR6 flange is
slightly farther back, but the TR3 driveshaft has enough travel to make up for
it.

Randall

===     http://www.vtr.org