lost caliper bolts

To: "triumph list" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: lost caliper bolts
From: "Paul Dorsey" <dorpaul@negia.net>
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2005 17:41:29 -0500
I have seperated the brake caliper halves but misplaced the 4 bolts to put
them back togather!!! OMG
I know which halves go together and I have correctly rebuilt them and have
the new little o-ring to go between the halves'.  Also, I have been told
that the bolts get torqued to 75 ft.-lbs. (I quess  this is true for all
four bolts on each caliper.)

I think these bolts were 3 inches in length and 7/16" diameter with fine
thread. Now that I've examined the holes, 1/2" bolts might better fit the
holes.  What do people think?  (Upon getting these halves together, there
will be plenty of  backyard/backstreet testing before being declared
roadworthy.)

Am I right about the torque value?  I am being very clean during the rebuild
procedure.

Thanks, Paul Dorsey
60 TR3A

===     http://www.vtr.org