Re: Surrey Top

To: Bob Jones <rjones@wfeca.net>
Subject: Re: Surrey Top
From: Ted <triumph66@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2005 16:58:44 -0500
Which all makes me wonder why TRF or Moss doesn't stock Neil Revington's
different surrey top options.  Even though they are fibre-glass, he sells a
very sleek, two-part aluminium insert where the surrey top fits.  TRF or
Moss could at least gather 3 to 5 orders and then take care of the
logistics/shipping, etc.

On 12/12/05, Bob Jones <rjones@wfeca.net> wrote:

> About five years ago I bought a new J-type overdrive from the UK with a
> factory rebuilt tranny attached for under $1,000.  I believe there are
> still a few new ones around but I'm sure for much more.
>
> I have a complete Surrey top that I have fitted to my TR6 in the past.
> It is alloy (not steel) , both the rear surround (which I believe were
> all alloy) and the lid.  Also have a mohair top for  it and it is in
> almost perfect shape and complete with all the fittings..  If I were to
> consider selling it I wouldn't look at anything less than $3,500.  This
> is not a for sale ad.  Its just to let you know how much I value it.  By
> the way it makes the TR6 look very sharp.  I did have to drill out the
> fixed nuts and fit a TR6 windshield cap however.
>
> Bob Jones
>
> --
T.L.L.
1966 TR4A CTC 73139 LO