click adjust and chassis clearance

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: click adjust and chassis clearance
From: FGFO1@aol.com
Date: Sun, 4 Dec 2005 15:22:11 EST
issue 1 click adjust.
dad taught me 2 ways to adjust valves. one is the feeler gauge method. the
other was the way Robert B.  Houston the Texan in New Mexico described. we  had
an old valve cover with the top cut off to keep that darn oil from getting
every place it shouldn't. still made a bit of a mess. then I saw one of those
new click adjust tools and figured they must be the bushiness. I could never
get  it to work properly 30 years ago, so unless they changed em some I'm
guessing  they are still close to snake oil! i guess your not the only one Joe

issue 2
I just noticed that my TR3 rear axle sits very nicely on the chassis. Now
there is a little less weight on the rear, trunk lids off as are the fenders
but
 it sure seems stiff. I can push the body down and get the springs moving.
Just  curious on how much clearance the rest of you have between the bottom of
the  axle / bumper stop and the chassis.

thanks
Frank Fisher
58 TR3
Temecula